Your child’s first martial arts class at No Limits Martial Arts Oakville & Milton is an exciting time!
During your child’s first martial arts class, they can expect to learn basic movements and techniques specific to the curriculum they are learning that day. Here is a typical class layout:
Your child’s first class is a fun and exciting time. Of course, the No Limits Martial Arts Team is here to help answer any questions along the way! If you are looking to get your child into martial arts, check out our 2
1. Welcome: Students will be welcomed by friendly No Limits Marital Arts Staff & Instructors.
2. Mat Chat and Warm-Up: The class will typically start with a mat chat by the instructor, who will explain the basics of what the class will entail. The class will begin with a warm-up to get the students’ muscles and joints ready for the training session.
3. Fundamental Techniques: The instructor will teach the fundamental techniques of the karate, which will include basic strikes, blocks, and kicks. These techniques will be taught in a safe, fun and controlled manner, with the instructor providing feedback to help the students improve their form.
4. Partner Drills: Depending on the the class, some training drills may involve a partner where the students work together to practice the techniques they have just learned. This is an opportunity for students to learn how to apply the techniques in a more realistic setting, while having fun and making new friends.
5. Forms or Kata: Your child will also learn a form or kata, which are prearranged sequences of movements that simulate a fight against multiple opponents (similar to a choreographed dance in dance classes). The instructor may teach a basic form or kata during the first class to give students an idea of what to expect in future classes.
6. Cool-Down: The class will typically end with a cool-down, which may include stretching or breathing exercises to help the students relax and recover after the training session.
Your child’s first class is a fun and exciting time. Of course, the No Limits Martial Arts Team is here to help answer any questions along the way! If you are looking to get your child into martial arts, check out our 2 Week Free Class Trial at the Oakville & Milton locations.